I didn't know much about the existing moderation stuff in DjangoBB…
phpBB has many stuff around this. IMHO too many
I noticed on python-forum.de this:
* Users report a post
* One moderator didn't what to decide alone what's todo
* the moderator creates a new post in a “internal” forum (readable only for all moderators/admins)
* moderators/admins discuss and do something (delete post/user or ban etc…)
IMHO it would be nice if a “user abuse report” would not saved somewhere separated. A report creates a post in the “internal” forum and all moderators get a mail.
The goals are:
* this solution used many existing parts and needs not many additional code.
* The moderators can easy discuss a report (even if it's only one “have i done” reply)
Missing things are small:
* a report view thats creates the abuse post
* links would be added to the post: link to the abused post, the used how created it etc.
* subscribe to forum feature (so that's all moderator would get a mail)