Search - User list
Full Version: moderation stuff...
Root » Feature requests » moderation stuff...
1 2
jedie
I didn't know much about the existing moderation stuff in DjangoBB…

phpBB has many stuff around this. IMHO too many

I noticed on python-forum.de this:
* Users report a post
* One moderator didn't what to decide alone what's todo
* the moderator creates a new post in a “internal” forum (readable only for all moderators/admins)
* moderators/admins discuss and do something (delete post/user or ban etc…)

IMHO it would be nice if a “user abuse report” would not saved somewhere separated. A report creates a post in the “internal” forum and all moderators get a mail.

The goals are:
* this solution used many existing parts and needs not many additional code.
* The moderators can easy discuss a report (even if it's only one “have i done” reply)

Missing things are small:
* a report view thats creates the abuse post
* links would be added to the post: link to the abused post, the used how created it etc.
* subscribe to forum feature (so that's all moderator would get a mail)
slav0nic
imho it will be simple like in PunBB http://djangobb.org/ticket/213 without any unneeded discussion per report
jedie
slav0nic
imho it will be simple like in PunBB http://djangobb.org/ticket/213 without any unneeded discussion per report
If i understand it, than this “moderation query” is a additional section. That's exactly what I do not want, because it needs another template/source code and add another section.

My idea is to use the features that are there… (The only missing thing is the “subscribe this forum” feature)
lightnin151
Incidentally, we're going to try to implement http://djangobb.org/ticket/213 soon.

lightnin151
jedie
I didn't know much about the existing moderation stuff in DjangoBB…phpBB has many stuff around this. IMHO too many I noticed on python-forum.de this:* Users report a post* One moderator didn't what to decide alone what's todo* the moderator creates a new post in a “internal” forum (readable only for all moderators/admins)* moderators/admins discuss and do something (delete post/user or ban etc…)IMHO it would be nice if a “user abuse report” would not saved somewhere separated. A report creates a post in the “internal” forum and all moderators get a mail.The goals are:* this solution used many existing parts and needs not many additional code.* The moderators can easy discuss a report (even if it's only one “have i done” reply)Missing things are small:* a report view thats creates the abuse post* links would be added to the post: link to the abused post, the used how created it etc.* subscribe to forum feature (so that's all moderator would get a mail)

I can see the benefits of this approach, but I think it might add too much complexity.
I co-manage a forum with about 800 contribs / week, and a team of 6 mods. At this scale, we often discuss issues in the reports queue itself. i.e.

Moderator1:
So and so did such and such, any tips on how to handle it?
Moderator2:
@Moderator1: I think he should get a warning.

If something is too complicated for the queue, then we'll make a thread about it. But this is pretty rare, so I'm not sure it would be beneficial to create a new thread automatically based on a reports content.

However, I still think there needs to be a reports queue page *outside* of the admin area, for security reasons. The admin pages should not be accessible to most moderators. It seems best to prevent access to the entire directory - not just certain parts of it.
jedie
lightnin151
Moderator1:
So and so did such and such, any tips on how to handle it?
Moderator2:
@Moderator1: I think he should get a warning.

If something is too complicated for the queue, then we'll make a thread about it.
Then you think a “moderation queue” is something like a “minimized forum thread” ? Something like a mini twitter… Every moderator see it and can add a new reply to it.

For me it looks like that implementing this takes more effort than to say we used a normal forum that only moderators can see. e.g. We didn't need a separate “moderation queue” model and views to add replay etc.

lightnin151
However, I still think there needs to be a reports queue page *outside* of the admin area, for security reasons. The admin pages should not be accessible to most moderators.
+1 - A normal sub forum viewable for moderator only is exactly that…
XRumerTest
Hello. And Bye.
XRumerTest
Hello. And Bye.
XRumerTest
Hello. And Bye.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.