i started it here: https://github.com/jedie/DjangoBB/compare/poll
(many code part is from PyLucid, but i enhanced all a little bit
The main functionality is there:
* Polls are displayed and user can vote
* Polls can limit the choice count (default = 1)
* Polls can have a datetime for auto deactivating
The missing part it the UI for the user to create a poll.
Maybe we just add a checkbox like “add a poll to this new topic”. After send the form the user get a seperate add poll form. It's somethign like a wizzard. Maybe we can use https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/ref/contrib/formtools/form-wizard/
and change the file attachment stuff in the same way?
1. Should a user only add a poll if he starts a new topic?
2. Should the thread starter add a poll later, if he add a post to this own topic?
3. Anyone who post on a exitings topic can add a poll if no poll exist in the topic?
Maybe no 3 would be to confuse, isn't it?