DjangoBB

Django based forum engine

• You are not logged in.
  • Root
  • » Bugs
  • » when a topic is visited (not get replied) the updated field is updated to the current datetime [RSS Feed]

#1 Dec. 27, 2009 11:18:10

enoch
Profile   Send e-mail  

when a topic is visited (not get replied) the updated field is updated to the current datetime

when a topic is visited (not get replied) the updated field is updated to the current datetime, and the topics is ordered by updated, so the topic will be shown on top, this should be changed to when a topic is replied the updated field is changed to current datetime.

#2 Dec. 27, 2009 12:00:23

enoch
Profile   Send e-mail  

when a topic is visited (not get replied) the updated field is updated to the current datetime

my simple patch, there should be better patch I think

Attachments:
attachment 1.patch (1.2 KB)

#3 Dec. 27, 2009 12:27:23

enoch
Profile   Send e-mail  

The problem comes with the signal thing. When a topic is visited, post.views = F('views') + 1, then post.save() will fire the trigger of topic_save() signal, and this will bring a huge performance problem when every topic is clicked. So a better patch should be considered.

#4 Dec. 29, 2009 01:32:42

slav0nic
DjangoBB Developer
Profile   Send e-mail  

Tnx, i will review this problem soon.
Maybe better move recount logic from signals to save()

#5 Feb. 26, 2015 13:23:58

breetlee6666
Profile   Send e-mail  

User is created via django-registration and there is no corresponding record created for djangoBB's profile.

Fails to view this user's profile page.

I suggest to add corresponding profile recording when it does not exists.

ahsan

• Root
  • » Bugs
  • » when a topic is visited (not get replied) the updated field is updated to the current datetime[RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control